Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dimonds are a Girl's Best Friend



***********Drum roll please!!***********

I am super excited (thrilled!) to announce that for 2015 I will be racing on the Smash Dimond Women's Triathlon Team!  This small but insanely talented group of ladies were selected from a pool of worthy applicants.  I chose to apply for the team for 2 reasons:  I am a huge Smashfest Queen fan.  I love the gear, the fit, the colors, the way everyone compliments me when I wear Smash.  And 2, I have heard nothing but AWESOME things about the Dimond bike.  I simply could not resist getting my hands on one of those babies.




[Bike name to be determined] will be arriving on my doorstep from Ruster Sports next week!  It was really fun to get updates from Brad, the director of Sales and Marketing for Ruster Sports / Dimond, during the production process.  I was super stoked when I got the message saying my bike was going to be arriving back from paint on Monday (yesterday)!  When you hear nothing but positive things from the fastest cyclists in the pro field... it's tough not to get excited about this ride.  

So, anyway, for those who have been anxiously awaiting the news... this is it!  I encourage you to check out my new teammates.  (I've already stalked their blogs and facebook pages.)  They are an incredible group of women and I am excited to be part of a team that will challenge me to up my game.  2015 is going to be a heck of a year, and I cannot wait to get out there and Smash it on my new Dimond bike!

Tentative 2015 Racing Schedule:
Tri 4 the Cure AZ:  March 22
IM California 70.3:  March 28
IM Texas 70.3:  April 26
IM Texas:  May 16
IM Lake Placid:  July 26
IM Florida:  November 7
IM Arizona:  Nov 15

I'm sure there will be a few more shorter distance events thrown in, along with some open water swims.  And all race plans (particularly in the second half of the year) are subject to change.  ;-)  And because I know you are curious... our team kit is the irock with some customization of course.  This is the top I wore when I paced my friend at Ultraman Canada and I LOVE it!!  It is bold and strong, just like the girls on the team.

I have a dream.  The plan is in motion.  

LET'S getSMASHED!





No comments: