Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 4

I'm back in PHX now. My sister and I toasted with Boston Lager on our last afternoon together. She's hitting up the Fargo Marathon in a couple of weeks in hopes of joining us in Boston next April. I know she can do it!

My flight landed this morning at 9:15 am. I drove to the pool for a quick 3000 yds. The pool was crowded with some newbies in a swim clinic but they happily shared a lane with me which I was thankful for. I only had so much time before hunger would strike. I did my "sprint swim" though I am not really sure I had a second gear. I pretended like I did, so I guess the effort was there. Then it was home to unpack and greet the boys. They were happy to see me, but with the heat, they didn't really get off their butts to greet me. I had some waffles and then gathered up some motivation to do my 60 minute easy ride. I feel like mentally I am settling in for the long haul now. I'm in week 4 of 24. I had a few extra days off last week to rest my injury, but I feel like I'm not looking for excuses anymore. (That may change next week when I work 8 shifts in a row and am exhausted.) I got to thinking on my ride today... the couch lives in my living room. Permanently. It will always be there. My workouts, on the other hand, typically have a designated time slot. I have one shot to complete them, and if I don't I won't have a second chance. I don't want to pass up those opportunities to prepare for Wisconsin. My body and mind will thank me for putting in the time come race day.

No comments: