Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

As much as I would like to say that I am starting to feel ready for Oceanside, in reality I am starting to think I'm going to have a 3 1/2 hour bike leg. Yikes. I have only biked for an hour at a time, maybe 3 times in the last week. And it is not fast. Not even respectable. Not even close. I keep telling myself that it's just for fun, but how much fun am I going to be having 6 hours in? Training for a marathon is so much easier! Not the actual racing bit, but the training. I have finally put together my schedule for IM and I will be officially rising before the ass crack of dawn on 2-3 days each week. The rest of the week I get to sleep until at least 5:00 am. OMG. What have I signed on for? Once I get rolling, it will start to feel normal again. Falling asleep on the couch at 6:45 pm and having Dan wake me at 8 to go upstairs. Being hungry all the time. Eating... all the time. Constantly thinking in terms of HR zones, calories, splits, miles.



My sister is considering moving in with us at the end of May. She has talked before about moving here and I've always gotten my hopes up, only to be disappointed when she decides to stay put. This time, I think she might be serious. Or at least I am hoping she is. In college we got together at least once a week for "coffee" (code for getting together and solving all the world's problems over an endless pot of brew). And then there's the summer we lived together, and she would drag my butt out of bed at 5:30 am to go running. I was not a morning person back then and would give her hell, but she was persistent! It would be so nice to be in the same zip code again. I am keeping my fingers crosssed... and sending out vibes PLEASE MOVE TO AZ!!!



And lastly, I learned something today... you should never, ever, cook raw beets in the microwave. No matter what the recipe says. Thankfully I was stading close by and the sparks caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I was able to stop the fire before real damage was done. Only casualty was a piece of tupperware. So, maybe the lesson should be never put tupperware in the microwave. Hmmm. I'm going to have to consider that one. Regardless, I'll have a lovely beet salad at dinner with my potato, corn and shrimp bisque. Mmmmm. Not really Irish, but I do have a can of Guinness to go with it! Cheers!

2 comments:

Janine said...

ahhh the summer of 5:30 runs
I LOVED that summer. Funny how we WERE NOT runners then but we are now! Everyone should get the chance to live with Mary!

FindingKona said...

I know! Those were the days. If I could go back in time to any point in my life I think it would be that summer. (and remember the brownie incident??)