Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ALOHA

I've been reading a couple of my favorite girls' blogs and am so jealous as they are over in Kona for the Ironman World Championships this weekend. That is so far out of the realm of possibility for me at this point. Maybe when I'm 60 I'll qualify. And I'm not the type of person to enter the lottery. I have no problem with it. I think it's good. But for me, I feel like I need to earn it. Argh. Double edged F-ing sword.

On a happy and ironic note, I AM going to Hawaii this week. Just not for the Ironman. I'm going to be helping celebrate my little sis' 30th birthday. Woo hoo! Why didn't I think of that? When I turned 30 I had a party at my favorite mexican restaurant. Granted, the margaritas were great... but come on. No ocean view here.

So the last couple of days have been a little crazy. Yesterday I ran tempo. 7 miles total/ 4 miles at tempo pace of 7:27. It was challenging but.... I hesitate to say.... I think I could have gone faster and still been comfortable. But that's the point right? It's not supposed to be all out. Then I did my strength program at the gym. Holy cow, I have weak abs. I was getting used to my old program and then we changed it up last week. Now it's like I was never doing ab work in the first place even though I was. This is soooo good for me. Then it was running around town trying to get all the last minute things for my trip since it was my only day off. Had to get a pedicure. Seriously, toes are going to be in flip flops for a week. That was a MUST. Then off to pick up some magazines for the plane ride. Found a totally cute pink blanket and eye mask. Got that too. My flight home is an overnight flight so I thought it was totally justified. Then home to pack. Argh! What to bring? I decided to go with the SkirtSports Tough Girl and Gym Girl in electric blue. That way I had coordinating tops that I could wear with either one in addition to my other blue floral skirt which would go with said tops. And then I have one dressy outfit (sister insisted) and a bikini. My trip will entail: daily runs into Koloa or down the beach walk past Brennekes, relaxing on the lanai with a good book, cooking for the girls- fresh fish daily, watching the sunrise and sunset over Poipu Point. There is one snorkel trip planned to the Na Pali Coast and we'll have dinner out one night (thus the dress). I'm totally going to be a lazy bum but I am soooo looking forward to the fresh ocean air and mmmmmmm seafood. 72 hours and counting...

2 comments:

Kara said...

hey mary! so jealous you're going to hawaii! i can't find your email address and wanted to ask you a lame question, which is this: what is the name of that coffee cup cozy you had? i want to buy one for someone i know! have a great holiday! love the blog!

FindingKona said...

Hip Grip Coffee Sleeve from www.myhipgrip.com. Great gifts!