Monday, October 6, 2008

Kickin' A$$

CONGRATULATIONS JJM! YOU ARE AWESOME!

One of my BFFs raced Twin Cities Marathon. She has been struggling to break 4:30 for some time now. Though she was prepared physically, mentally she struggled during marathons when the going got tough. Not anymore! Despite pouring rain, she not only broke 4:30 but beat her previous PR by 5 minutes!!! I was at a dinner party when I checked the results (I don't have internet access at home so I had to borrow my friend's computer)-- I was literally doing cartwheels. Actually, I might have thrown a herkie in there! You rock, girl! I am so proud of you!

Now for some less exciting updates, I had a good weekend of training. Sunday, I had 4 people show up to Tempe lake for my long run. I never looked at my watch once, just ran comfortably while conversing with my running partners. Averaged 8:40 over 8 miles (recovery week!). Afterwards, I followed my Hour After Plan from Runner's World. I stretched, drank some Gu2O, picked up 40 lbs of ice on my way home. Jumped into an ice bath, showered, put on some warm clothes and fell into bed. I woke up an hour an a half later. Probably could have slept longer but I had a lot of things I wanted to accomplish so I dragged my uncaffeinated butt out of bed. Had a good afternoon and a nice dinner with friends. This morning, I got to sleep in a little bit (till 6 am!!) before my 5 mile easy run (in my Marathon Dress!). Then I met up with Dan for a swim before work. I only got 2100 yds in before I had to bail but better than nothing. I feel like my swimming ability is falling apart now that I have no endurance in the pool. Scares me. I know I'll build back up but still...

On another note, SkirtSports fall line is now out! It is sooooo cute! I need to scrounge up some money to pick up the Sweetest Thing line. I've got the Tough Girl stuff already. But I loooove that capri!

No comments: