Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy-body: A week in the life




Hello! I am back! I can't believe what a crazy weekend/ week it has been! I am soooo trying to catch up with my life. Can anyone tell me what happened to August? Or summer for that matter? Here's what I've been up to since last we spoke.


Saturday: No work! Hooray! Had a fabulous 7 mile run on my canal, average pace 9:03. Ate some breakfast, shopped for groceries and then headed to the gym for my strength workout. First time all by myself.... rocked it! I LOVE my strength workout!! (thanks Julie-Anne!!!) I feel so strong already! Rest of the day was spent doing things around the house and watching the CSI marathon on Spike.

Sunday: Long run at Tempe lake. 12 miles at 8:46 pace. Faster than I had planned but felt good! I have been advertising my long run on the PTC website and I had a guy (Joshua) run with me today. He is a 3:10 marathoner so needless to say he pushed me a bit! It was great! Dan always says, to run faster you have to run faster. So I guess that's what I did. After my run I went to yoga class which was awesome as usual. Then lunch, a movie, and dinner.

Monday: No work! Hooray! Today I slept in. Didn't get out of bed till darn near 8 am. Went to the gym for a 3600 yd aerobic interval swim workout. Went for an hour bike ride followed by a 4 mile transition run. By the time I hit the trail for my run it was noon and sooooo hot! I thought I was going to die. OK, not really. But it was friggin' hot. Managed to average 9:30 pace despite melting. Ate lunch, took a nap, watched a movie, had dinner. Pretty much perfect day.

Tuesday: Back to work today and what a crazy day it was! Started the morning with a less than stellar 6 mile run. Had a busy morning at work. Had some errands to run at lunch time (things I HAD to get done before the PTC meeting tonight) and when I left Kinko's to go back to work... car wouldn't start. Had to have someone from work pick me up, had my car towed to dealership, had battery replaced (DAMN HEAT!), had to wait for Dan to pick me up from work (thanks babe!), go get car, run last errand before meeting, ate at Subway (does inhaling food count as eating?), went to meeting, went home, was WIRED for hours so had hard time sleeping last night.

Today (Wed): Alarm went off at 5:15 am. Rolled out of bed and was at the gym by 6 am for strength workout. FUN! I am loving it! Most of the exercises rely on my body weight- lots of lunges/ squats/ core/ stability. I actually am doing pushups! I do 2 sets of 10 on the bosu ball and 2 set of 10 on a medicine ball. I feel strong! I was laughing with one of the girls at work today when I remembered something from my run on Sunday.... I was refilling my water bottle half way through and there were 2 guys sitting in the park (had bikes next to them). When I was taking the top off my bottle one of the guys says, 'geez your arms are bigger than mine' (as he makes a fist and flexes his bicep. 'Thanks', I reply, 'I work on them!' Silently thinking to myself, wow, I am getting stronger! My favorite part of the body is the shoulders/ upper back so if I am developing some definition in my deltoids and have a strong sexy back.... woo hoo! I digress. Almost done with work. One more day and then off to Wisconsin! Can't wait! Catching finishers at the finish line of Ironman Wisconsin on Sunday! Awesome!

And lastly before I go... Have you seen the latest styles from SkirtSports??!! I LOVE the new colors! I was really looking forward to the red but I have to say I adore electric blue. Put in another order today... Yippee! I should have it when we get back from Wisconsin!

No comments: