Monday, August 4, 2008

Week 3 recap

Sunday August 3rd: 12.7 mile long run at Tempe Lake. Average pace: 9:17 per mile. Hot hot hot! Drank 60 oz of water during the run. Followed with one hour of yoga. Felt great to stretch everything out! I am making progress in yoga. The movements are becoming more comfortable and I'm getting some of my balance back. Was able to do some of the poses I couldn't do a month ago.

Total mileage for the week: 43 miles

Slept 11 hours last night. I told myself if I woke up early I'd get up and run, if not I would take the day off of running and just do my scheduled swim. Am working today instead of Friday so can run Friday instead. Didn't wake up until 6:15, very unusual for me. Must have needed the rest. Swam 3700 yds at the pool. Swam 6 x 150 on 2:06-2:10. Woo Hoo! By the end my arms felt like jello and I'm sure my form was slipping but times were still good! Plan tomorrow is master's swim class, run, lift, yoga. Master's coach promised to teach me butterfly... drills start tomorrow! Am scared but I think learning 'fly will take my swimming to a new level. Bring it on!

No comments: