Saturday, August 2, 2008

How many Skirts do you own?!!?

Dan walks through the door from work. He glances at me, a slight smirk on his face. Was the UPS guy just here? he asks. "Um...yeah," I replied, thinking, crap, I'm busted. 'Don't you have enough Skirts, already? You probably don't have to do laundry for weeks,' he says. "Yes, but I NEEDed the new GymGirl. In black. And in Pink Paradise. Now that I'm doing yoga and lifting weights, I need Skirts that I can wear comfortably while hanging upside down in Downward Facing Dog. Plus I found this really great Multisport Tank! It's metallic pink and black!" I neglect to mention that I also ordered the Footloost Tank and the Woodstock Tank which will be soooo perfect in yoga class. Especially the Woodstock, very earthy. He just sighs, giving up.

So, I throw the question out there... How many Skirts do you own? And is there such a thing as too many Skirts? I am going to count mine this weekend. Take a photo. It will be like 27 Dresses (the movie)-- all my fabulous Skirts lined up in one photo. I have my favorites. But each Skirt is special. I have my first Skirt. The Skirt I wore in my half marathon PR. The Skirt I won at the triathlon where I placed in my AG. The list goes on.

Training going well this weekend so far. I swam very easy on Friday morning. Probably didn't make it over 1000 yds. Today I ran 7.2 miles at a 9:12 pace. I even had 2 miles (#5 and #7) that I clocked 8:58. My first sub-9 minute miles since IM-CDA!!! Felt awesome! I'm glad to have a little more oomph in my legs than a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to my long run tomorrow. I felt like I could have run forever today. I was very sad to look down and see 3.6 on my watch. I was supposed to turn around at 3.5 miles.... I debated continuing my run, but decided I'd save it for tomorrow. I'm still going to be at 42 + miles for the week. I love running!!

No comments: