Friday, August 22, 2008

Rockin' swim workout

Swam today: 3300 yds total. 300 swim/ 300 kick/ 300 swim warm-up. 20 x 100 main set with decreasing rest intervals. OMG was dying by the end but managed to keep all intervals in the 1:24-1:26 range--- hooray! Cool-down 200 pull/ 200 choice. Felt good. Felt strong. Wish I was swimming more. I miss it. I could tell that I was fatiguing in the last few hundreds cause my form starts to dissolve. I work really hard to keep my face down and pull all the way through. When I start to get tired, my head starts to lift slightly (as I am gasping for air) and my pull fades at about waist level. I always make sure I am using my best form for my cool-down. Need to keep my body aware of what it should be doing!

Now am at work waiting for the day to be over so I can hop on a plane to KC! Meeting family for the weekend and then will be in class for a few days next week. Am really excited because since last year they have converted the downtown into the "power and light district" with tons of new restaurants, clubs and theaters. It is literally a block from my hotel. At least I will have something to do in the evening since I am without car. May not have internet access in KC so I'll see you next week!

1 comment:

SkirtChaser said...

actually the work out added up to 3700 meters, but who is counting!!
I will miss U! Hurry back! but have fun while you are in KC