Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching up!

Ugh. It's tough getting caught up after being gone for a week. I got home on Tuesday night and collapsed into bed at 7:30 pm. KC was great, lots of hill training! Good food with the folks... little too much wine maybe... classes were educational and I didn't fall asleep!

I spent the day yesterday getting shit done. Went for an easy 5 mile run in the morning. Little slower than usual but not worried about it. Went to Endurance Rehab to get evaluated for a new pair of orthotics. My foot has grown a half size so my old ones slide around in my longer shoe and cause pain in my foot. Problem solved. Went to Bicycle Ranch for a bike refitting. Got a new saddle put on (yeah! no more duct tape!) and some cleats to my new pair of Sidi's. Trixie is ready to roll! Went home and had lunch, rested and watched food network for a bit. Then met my personal trainer at the gym to go through my new strength program. She killed me! I think when someone hears Ironman, they overestimate your fitness abilities in things not directly related to swimming, biking and running. I can S/B/R all day. But abs? Pushups? Huh? So now I'm going to get on track and get strong! If my arms don't fall off first... After that it was on to my meeting with the nutritionist. She put my program together to keep me on track and get me to where I need to go. As a food lover, I always hate to give up control on what I eat but I know it's for my own good. It's just going to be a bit of adjustment...

Today had an awesome track workout! W/U 2.5 miles over to the track- rather slow pace. On track did 2 x 1600 at 6:54 with 2 x 800 recovery. First mile was evenly paced. Second mile I was a little too "competitive" with the other runner doing repeats and I blew the first 400 way too fast. The last 1200 I just had to hang on for dear life. I've been using my HR monitor (on the request of my PT and nutritionist) so it was interesting to see how my HR responded to today's workout vs. yesterday's easy run. Now I'm intrigued...

No comments: