Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sweatin in Skirt Style

So this weekend it was hotter than hell and I had some serious training to do. Ok, maybe not hotter than Hell, but it was at least 108 F. I raced on Sunday- Tempe International Triathlon- olympic distance. Placed 4th in my AG which is exactly where I was last year. Can't complain too much though seeings how this is not my "A" race for the season. See, I'm in between IMAZ and IM CDA. I have 2 more weeks of actual training before my three week taper. So Monday I broke in my new Vogue Shorties during my 6 hour bike ride and 40 minute transition run. And even though I was on my bike by 5:30 am, it was still hot hot hot when I was running at 12 pm. Thank goodness for salt tablets. And the ice cubes that fit nicely into "cleavage alley" of my TriksBra. I made it 95 miles and covered quite a few hills which will help me out when I get to CDA. I couldn't wait to hop into my ice bath when it was all over. Then Tuesday, I tortured myself even more with a 16 mile run in the extreme heat. I had to drop Danielle* off at school so I didn't start running till after 7 am and at that point its already 90 F. I ran hills for about 7 miles hoping that it will make me stronger on race day. I'm really looking forward to CDA. AZ this year was a little disappointing cause I wasn't mentally prepared. Have done the distance before so I thought I knew what I was getting into. Turns out, it's a whole different ball game every time you toe the line. So, I am practicing my mental prep for the next round. Am working the rest of the week which is ok cause I need a break from training!!! Today I only had to swim 2 miles. Felt like a day off! Will have another 7 hour ride on Sunday. Yippee! I'm gettin stronger and am going to kick some serious rear on race day. Look out!



*Names have been changed to protect the ignorant.

No comments: