Saturday, May 17, 2008

Random Excitement in Skirt World

Ok, never done this blogging thing before so hang in with me. I'll catch on quick I promise.

So, I got some really exciting news today! Here's the history. Back in 2000 I graduated from veterinary school and moved to California to do a year long internship (read: work 100 hours a week for no pay). There were about 7 of us in my intern class and I became close friends with 2 other girls. By the end of the year we were inseperable. After the year was up, we all went our separate ways but tried to keep in touch. One girl moved to Africa with her husband who worked for the CDC and after a year or so we lost touch with her. I haven't spoken to her in probably 6 years. I have often googled her to see if I could find her. I found many of her research articles (written in French) but never found any contact info. Today, after all these years, my other friend got an email from her! We are so excited to be back in touch with her. I haven't had a chance to catch up with her cause I've been working all day, but I hope to talk to her soon. Without them, I probably wouldn't have survived my internship.

Well, I guess that's it for my very first blog. Random musings and excitement from this Skirt's world.
M-

No comments: