Wednesday, July 1, 2009

By the numbers...

Since March 30th I have...

...swam 120,000 yards. That's about 70 miles.

...ran 268 miles. Nowhere close to the mileage I was running the 6 months prior to that!

...biked 1272 miles. Sounds like a lot, but it needs to be a lot higher.

...raced 2 half Ironman events.

...ran 25 miles across the Grand Canyon. I guess that takes my run total up to 293.

...done 4 1/2 hours worth of core exercises. A strong core is a strong platform for swimming, biking and running!

...done 7 hours worth of yoga. That needs to be much higher!

...had 10 physical therapy sessions for my adductor and hip flexor strain. ASTYM is my friend.

...had 11 rest days. Yawn. Seems like a lot less. But looking back it was front loaded. I had a lot more rest days when I was in rehab... lately, not so many.

...had 3 massages. Soooo not enough!

...eaten pizza approximately 35 times. That's an average of 2-3 times per week in case you are wondering.

...consumed 1 entire bag of Infinit. I just broke into my second supply last week.

...finished Pat's Run in 30:21, a PR but still not under 30:00.

...ran 1 5k race, ARR Summer series #1. Very slow... but fun.

...lost 2 pounds. Not really trying, just a product of IM training.

...survived the first 1/2 of my Ironman training! 10 1/2 weeks and counting...

No comments: