Sunday, June 7, 2009

What I love...

Sitting on my patio stretching after my long brick workout today.... I look down at my legs, my calves in particular which are gorgeously shaped (thanks, Mom!), and notice the sweat mingling with dirt from my run on the canal and a bit of grease from my bike chain. I smell of sunscreen mixed with sweat, the good kind of sweat from spending hours in the fresh air. There is nothing more beautiful than an athlete's body in all it's glory... the sexy, muscular-curvy legs of a runner or the strong, broad shoulders of a swimmer. I can give a dozen reasons why I train for marathons and Ironman. But I think above all I do it because I can. I appreciate what my body is capable of and am thankful that I get to be outside, training, doing what I love, what my body craves.

3 comments:

SkirtChaser said...

Let me tell you, that body of yours in SMOKIN!!!
Thank you babe!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Being beautiful means so many things to so many people but I appreciate the beauty of an athlete in training!!! :) Nothing is more beautiful than a dirty, sweaty woman after a 4 hour workout with a beer in hand!

FindingKona said...

Amen, sista!