Thursday, May 7, 2009

Almost normal

I am feeling almost normal. It's actually the best I've felt since before that fateful day in January when I injured myself the first time around. I feel like now we are really getting to the bottom of my injury and prompting it to heal. I have been still taking it pretty easy running- not doing more than 6 miles at a time. I am hoping to up that next week. Biking is going well. I finished my first 3 1/2 hour ride on Sunday feeling good. I am LOVING my new Infinit Nutrition. I think it's going to make a huge difference for me on race day. On Sunday I skipped breakfast (long story) and started with a 30 minute swim. By the time I started my ride I was already hungry and I was worried I wouldn't be able to catch up nutritionally. I started taking the Infinit right away and within 30 minutes felt totally great. Didn't feel hungry the rest of the ride, stayed on top of everything. I was very surprised! I thought I'd bonk at 2 hours and be dragging ass to get back home. I finished with a 3 mile transition run. This week is recovery. I've been trying to get a little extra rest and lock in my training plan for the next 6 weeks. I can't believe I have made it through 6 weeks of training already! It feels like it just started and I'm 1/4 through already. Wisconsin is going to sneak up on me I suspect. As much as I hate the heat, I'm kind of looking forward to this summer. We have nothing planned- no trips, vacations, etc so I feel like I can just put nose to grindstone and really train. We have a couple of half-IM events we are considering which will be good tests of my fitness level. Both are at elevation which will be an added challenge. I look forward to spending lots of quality time with Triksie this summer. I think my main goal at IM Wisconsin (other than a PR) would be to run the entire marathon. Even if it's slow, I'd like to run the whole 26.2 miles. I think that's a challenging, yet attainable goal.

No comments: