Friday, April 10, 2009

Bring on the weekend!

Hooray the weekend is rapidly approaching! I truely believe there are some people who are not meant to work. Not just your typical stay-at-home mom or trophy wife. But people who somehow manage to stay completely busy all the time without being at work. I think I fall into that category. There are just so many other things that could occupy my time that I hate to be distracted with the whole job bit. Don't get me wrong, I like my profession... just wish I didn't need the money. Then I would take a whole year or lifetime off and train like a professional even though I am middle-of-the-pack. I would eat well... maybe even grow a little garden... recover well with naps after all my hard workouts. And my race scrap book would be up to date. I'd probably even have pictures ordered from my last marathon. My house would be spotless. My cats would be more well adjusted instead of fighting for attention. I think I would paint and add pendant lights to my kitchen. I'm already on a million committies so I don't think I am lacking volutneer time. And maybe, just maybe... I could sleep past 5 am once in a while.

I woke up last night to pee like usual. I always look at my clock to see what time it is.. as much as I try not to. I like the nights when it's only 1 am and I feel like I still have half the night to sleep. I hate the 3 am potty call because 2 hours is so not enough and I'm always tempted to turn the alarm off. Last night, I woke up at 4:20. Total bummer. I had 30 minutes left to sleep. Hardly worth closing my eyes for. So, I reset my alarm thinking I'd just go straight to work and swim after work. Darn it if I didn't lay there for 20 minutes thinking about swimming and the fact that I'd only have time to swim for 30 minutes after work, whereas if I got my butt out of bed I could swim for 45 minutes. So finally, I dragged my ass up, turned off my alarm and went to the pool. Once I'm there, I'm happy to be there. There's nothing quite as nice as having the entire pool to myself and being in the water as the sky turns from dark to faint light. I think I've said that before... but it really is one of my favorite places to be when the sun comes up. So another successful training day is done. And in typical Friday fashion... I'm waiting for my pizza (and my man) to walk through the door.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Mary.....I do envy you being able to swim outside.....it sounds lovely to wtch the sun come up !