Tuesday, April 7, 2009

1 week down. 23 to go.

The kickoff to IM Wisconsin training is kicking my butt. Probably was ill advised to do Oceanside with no bike training, but it's done so no reason to dwell on it... but I am sooo dragging. Yesterday we spent 8 hours in a car driving back from Oceanside with a brief layover in Tucson for some TriSports shopping. Bit the bullet and bought myself a new saddle. My old one was held together by duct tape for IM-CDA last year and I swapped it out last fall with one we had lying around in our used-bike garage. However, since I never rode more than 28 miles on it I didn't realize how UNCOMFORTABLE it was DOWN THERE. Let me tell you, 56 miles will bring out the truth. So I am happily back on a Terry. Dude, if I was worried about the weight of my bike, I'd go on a diet and drop 10 pounds. No sense in sacrificing vital organs with a lightweight saddle.

Anyhoo. Today I cut my 5 hour Tuesday jam session short a bit. I did a third of the swim. Ran. Core. And then half way through spin class my body said, 'no more, you're done.' I spent the last 20 minutes of spin class in zone 2 which was totally ridiculous, but the class was sold out and if I had bailed in the middle I wouldn't have been able to put my bike away since I was in the first row and the bikes are parked in the last row and I couldn't weave through a packed house and then Brooks would have had to clean up after me and Oh, the drama of it all so I stuck it out for the last 20 minutes, pretending to be hovering below my AT. I'm sure I looked bad enough to be hovering. So I bailed on yoga and went home and took a nap. Tomorrow I am only scheduled to swim so even though I will be getting up at some ungodly hour, at least I will be done in an hour.

Au revoir.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

With you on the saddle my dear...I spent a fortune on the Adamo....love it !

We are second week into IM training....legs are feeling plesantly tired all the time so far. I know it will get worse !yellow