Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love Tuesdays!

IM training starts in 6 days. Well, 5 days since I'm about to go to bed. I've been trying to get into training mode by following the schedule that I will have once training is official. So here is how today went, which will be my typical Tuesday...

5:58 am: Dan's phone rings and wakes us up. Damn those last 2 minutes of sleep! It's Infinit calling regarding his nutrition formula so he takes the call.

7:00 am: Standing poolside preparing to dive in. The air is cool. It takes me about 400 yds to really warm up. We have a killer workout. 800 w/u. 3 x 800 at IM race pace. 800 c/d. We cut the cool-down short by 500 for a grand total of 3500 yds.

8:20 am: Warming down in the hot tub for 5 minutes. Quick shower to rinse of the chlorine. Eat a mountain mix bar.

8:40 am: Set up spin bike in group fitness studio #2. 30 minutes of core work before class starts.

9:15 am: Starf down a few Power Bar Gel Blasts at the start of class. It's AE today, but I haven't been to class in 10 months so I am all over the board with my HR. Finally about half way through class I settle in and am able to control it in the zones that she is demanding.

10:15 am: Class ends. Eat rest of Gel Blasts. Hop on treadmill for 20 minute transition run. 1% incline/ 9:13 pace.

10:35 am: Cool down on treadmill for 1/4 mile. Head down to locker room to grab stuff for yoga. Eat a banana.

11 am: Yoga. Good hour of stretching. Worked on hamstrings today which was much needed.

12 pm: Done for the day. Drink an Ensure. Eat a mountain mix bar. Meet a friend by the pool for a few minutes to talk about drills.

1 pm: LUNCH!!! Greek salad and 2 slices of pizza from NYPD. Yummmmm.

So I know it sounds like a long day, but it really goes by fast. It's the one day of the week that I actually get to go to yoga class, not just practice on my mat at home. My biggest concern was that I would be depleted and not be able to make it through the whole day, but I ate a little bit here and there and it seemed to keep my going just fine. I was never starving. And I had plenty of food left over in my feed bag when I was done. (I always over pack when it comes to food!!!) Now, if I can just get myself home at 1 pm to put my feet up... that will be the next goal. Today, I ended up hanging out at Run AZ for an hour or so and then went by Sprouts to get some stuff for making granola. By the time I got home I started in on dinner and then time escapes and I've been on my feet for over 12 hours. I'm pooped! So off to bed for me. Zzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Aldi26 said...

Mary....you are a machine.....enough said.... :)

SkirtChaser said...

Thanks for the swim baby. I was killer, and we pushed ourselves onthat last 800 harder than if we where alone. ice job.