Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GC here I come!


Yesterday I tested out my new trail running shoes (Brooks Cascadia) and my new Rush hydration pack. Love them! It is a different feeling running with a pack, but it only slowed me down a little bit. I still averaged 9:30s for 5 miles. And the shoes... it's like running on clouds! They are so quiet and all the little spikes make for a nice soft landing. Grand Canyon is 6 weeks out. Ready or not, here I come! At least I'll be well equipped. Still deciding on the outfit though... I'm thinking Blue Bubbly will match really nicely.


Today I had my usual Tuesday. It started off with a 3000 yd swim with the SkirtChaser. For the first time since I started swimming again, I kept up with him (or a few strokes ahead!) for the entire workout. He is a very consistent swimmer. Not the fastest in the water, but all his IM swims have been between 1:02 and 1:08, so the fact that I am matching his pace again is a good sign. It has taken me 6 weeks to feel like I can swim again! Just in time for Oceanside this weekend.

After swimming, I attempted to defrost in a hot shower and then followed it up with 45 minutes of core, spin class (Speed Play- exhausting!), a 20 minute transition run and then yoga. Ahhh, yoga. It's so nice to end my Tuesday that way. Then, I stopped by NYPD Pizza for a slice & salad lunch. They are by far my favorite pizza and it has become a ritual to stop in for lunch if I am not heading straight home after my Tuesday workout fest. I love their Big Kahuna slice- Canadian bacon, pineapple, and basil. Paired with a Greek salad and I'm all set. Between that and my Van's waffles for breakfast, I should be good for a while.

1 comment:

SkirtChaser said...

I let you stay a stroke ahead because I didn't want you complaining about me swimming faster than you and you freezing at the same time!!! :::))))
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!! You suck that it only took you 6 weeks to get back to swimming at my pace!!!