Friday, January 30, 2009

I have a secret.

And I'm not telling you what it is. Ok, I'll give you a hint. I have picked another marathon at which I will attempt to qualify for Boston. The course is rolling but mostly downhill. It's fairly scenic, but small- capped at 2300. The weather will be cool and foggy race morning, possibly breezy but historically has a tailwind early in the race. It is a point to point marathon.

My physical therapist feels I'll be just fine running the race as long as I keep up my treatments leading up to the race and afterwards. I don't know if this is good or bad for his career- everyone is going to expect a miracle cure- I've been telling everyone how great he is... holding to his word of having me symptom free in 2 weeks. I don't know if he actually believed it when he told me that, or if he just wanted me to believe. Regardless, I did believe and I am feeling no pain. I have run 24 miles so far this week. I have a long run scheduled this weekend. We'll see how it goes. I am happy with the results. Therapy is good. I think it should be like the dentist for endurance athletes. Even if you have no problems... you should see your physical therapist for a tune up twice a year. Just to stay on top of potential problems. Had I known I had a pelvic disalignment (which could have been found on routine evaluation!) I could have taken steps to prevent my injury from occuring. Seems like a no brainer. Anyway, live and learn.

1 comment:

Lil Sis said...

I have a "secret" too... Mary is fabulous and now owns our family marathon record...way to go babe!!! (enjoy... I'm comin' after it in May ;-)