Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chasing tails



We have been banned from using the internet at work so I feel so out of touch with reality! Let's see... what has happened in the last week...

...training has been going well. It was recovery week so I only had 49 miles which seems so easy after weeks of 50-60+ miles. Had my first 20 miler last Sunday which went well. I have waited months to do an actual long run! I love the feeling when it's all over- the muscle fatigue, how great it feels to just sit down, the feeling of accomplishment. I ran 20 miles before most people were even out of their pajamas! I have been able to hit my target pace on all my training runs which has been so great. Ran hills on Tuesday: Curry 7 times! Tempo on Thursday with Dan. Race pace today- 6 miles at 7:46 pace.

...was voted Female Triathlete of the Year for the PTC at our Christmas party on Tuesday! So fun! (see photo above) Also was accepted onto the PTC Supported Team for 2009. I'm looking forward to representing the club next year. Plus I get to take advantage of extra special discounts from our sponsors! Maybe a new bike in my future....

...my car was involved in a "hit and run" on Monday. I hate people! Some jackass hit my car which was parked in a lot while I was eating lunch. Thankfully there was a witness that took down the license plate number and called the cops. It's unlikely that anything good will come of it (ie: the jerk will actually have to pay for the repairs), but at least there are still some good samaratins in the world.


...I ordered Race Belt Skirts for the ladies in the PTC! The SkirtSports Outlet was having a massive 60% off sale so I had to take advantage of the discount before it ended. I snuck a few things onto the order for myself of course. I figured since I was going to the trouble anyway.... (ya right. As if I need an excuse to shop at SkirtSports.)


...I am officially registered for the Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon next Sunday. I'll tack on at the end of the race to get 20-22 miles for the day. Not a bad way to start out my 32nd year!


...I've been watching my little Z kitty chase his tail this week. It is hilarious. He's 10 years old. As a kitten he lost a back leg in an accident (prior to me adopting him), so he really needs his tail for balance. He gets going running in circles and eventually he'll "catch" his tail and get this really freaked out look on his face. Then the other cats will chase him cause they want to know what toy he's got. It is too funny. I love the little guy. My dad always said that when I took him in and said I was looking for a permanent home for him that I walked into an empty cornfield and asked if anyone wanted a cat, and when there were no takers, I took him home. I guess it's probably true. He's been a very special kitten from the start and I wouldn't have been able to give him up. He celebrates his birthday with me every year. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years.

No comments: