Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dusting off the cobwebs...

Finally, after 2 weeks of struggling through my runs and feeling fatigued.... I ran well this morning!!! After 48 hours of rest, my legs were ready to run this morning. I had 10 mile RP on my schedule. And I was informed, after my stellar 1/2 marathon performance, that my new MRP is 7:45 per mile. Yikes! Dan decided to crawl out of bed early and ride the mountain bike next to me which was so nice. Through the entire run he kept giving me little insights. He would tell me when I was approaching each mile, before my Garmin beeped at me. He told me to think about relaxing my shoulders at every mile marker. He talked me through the last 3 miles as a visualization of race day. I think that come January 18, I will hear his calm, thoughtful voice in my head throughout the race.... spurring me on. Even with my first mile (warm-up) included- I averaged exactly 7:45 pace. It put me in such a great mood! I was sort of anxious for my first 20 miler tomorrow, but not anymore! Bring it on!

No comments: