Monday, September 15, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

... someone else is right? (read: you are wrong) Dan says to me the other day... do you think it's a good idea to be doing speed workouts 3 days in a row? My response... but, I'm not...they're not really...I just...but I wanted....ARGHH! Don't get me wrong I had a great weekend! Granted I did do a track workout on Friday followed by a Splash and Dash on Saturday and a 10k race on Sunday. Probably not the best idea I've ever had... but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. After all (haughtily) I am an Ironman... surely I can do a few miles at race pace. Well, today I am paying for it!

The 10k race was great. I ran in Blue Paradise and finished 38th runner/ 8th female overall with a time of 46:41. Definitely not a PR... but I gave myself a little leeway since it was a trail run and the footing is never great. Afterwards I drove back to the east valley for yoga class followed by a swim workout with Dan. I really wanted to go home and nap (which I did later in the day) but I thought yoga would be good for me.

Today, I got to sleep in a little since I am working the later shift at work and I only had to run 5 miles (my first official workout of the PF Chang's Boston Bound Training Program!). And boy was I slow! I kept about a 9:20 pace but my HR was waaaayyyy to high. Normally at that pace I'd average 150ish. Today my average was 158. I never hear my monitor beep at me when I'm running that slowly-- today it beeped at me quite a bit (when HR goes over 160). So I guess that's probably not the best way to start my training program. Hopefully I can get rested the remainder of the week and hit my target workouts this weekend. Sorry, legs, I should be a little kinder to you!

No comments: