Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to rock and dirt...Ho hum.

After a very long day yesterday, I am back in Arizona. We stood in line for an hour (in the rain) to sign up for Ironman Wisconsin 2009. After we got our entries, we went for an hour run which was so awesome. I never get to run in the rain anymore so it was very refreshing. Then we had a quick bite to eat and headed to the airport. The flight to Minneapolis wasn't bad, but the flight to Phoenix was the longest ever! The plane must have been a hundred years old and I swear there was no air conditioning. I just about stripped down to my skivvies cause I thought I was going to pass out. And every child on the plane screamed the whole 3 hours (probably because it was 120 degrees) and everyone else was coughing and hacking all over the place. Gross. I really don't like people all that much. And to be forced into a confined environment like pigs headed to slaughter. Ugh. I couldn't wait to get home and shower.

Anyway, Sunday was awesome. I "caught" all of my friends at the finish line. Some looked fabulous (Cathy! Kristina!) and some were close to delirious (Rick!). But everyone did a great job and I had a lot of fun volunteering. Call me crazy. It's just so inspiring to be surrounded by people who are willing to test the limits.

Today I had a nice easy 7 mile run. Nothing special. It's staying dark later in the morning which made it interesting for the first mile or two. I may have to come up with a new route cause I'm not going to be able to keep running on my canal in the dark (no lights!). Have been swamped at work today and eating like crap (Starbucks for breakfast, taco bell for lunch) cause we haven't been to the grocery yet. Will have to make a special trip there tonight cause I can't keep eating take out! Gotta work again tomorrow and then have a day off. Hooray!

No comments: