Saturday, August 9, 2008

Swim Run Lift Yoga Eat Sleep....What else is there?

Friday: Swam 3600 yds. Technique workout- lots of drills. Swam 600 and 400 straight intervals on 1:30 pace even though I felt really slow. After my swim I hit the treadmill for some more intervals. I ran 4 miles with 1.25 at a 7 minute pace (1/4 and 1/2 mile intervals). I always feel bad for the poor sucker who picks the treadmill next to mine. Literally there are dozens available... pick a different one. Inevitably it's some non-runner who (rightfully) is repulsed by the sweat flying off of my body. Inside the gym I always have a full tank top on, but when you're dripping the tank really does nothing to sop it up. And there's no way I'm wearing a long sleeved top! At least I'm courteous enough to wipe up my mess when I'm done... there are some who don't! Then on to lifting. My lower body workout has been going well. I think I'll move into phase 2 next week. Had an hour break and then yoga class where we worked a lot on hip flexibility which is exactly what I need. Ate lunch and had an hour nap... about as close to a perfect day as you can get!

Today, I ran 8 miles at 9:06 pace. I felt good even though it was miserable outside. My first 2 miles I warmed up at around 9:30, then 3 miles right around 9-9:10, then the last 3 miles at around 8:50. I'm slowly getting a little bit faster! I'm actually getting excited to start my official training in another month. Right now I'm holding myself back from increasing my mileage too much.

Looking forward to my 5k race and Swim relay tomorrow! I'm going to save the details of the swim relay till after it's finished... I don't want to jinx us! But it's going to be exciting!

No comments: