Saturday, August 16, 2008

Did you see....

the final of the men's 100 m butterfly??? Unbelievable!! I thought the 4 x 100 relay was amazing. But this takes the cake! I so enjoy watching MP compete in the olympics. He is an incredible athlete. I am looking forward to the women's marathon tonight. I love Dena Kastor and will be cheering for her along with PR.

This morning I ran 6 miles at 8:56 pace. I am consistently running at this pace now. May be time to step it up a bit? I ran on 'my' canal this morning. I rarely see anyone on this route. Occasionally someone on a mountain bike. In case you haven't figured it out... I really like to run alone most of the time. It's my time to think and dream. Obviously I enjoy running at the lake for my long run - surrounded by people. Gotta have balance. I'll head to the gym after work to lift and maybe swim. Then I'm picking up my new running shoes! I love new shoes!!!

So tomorrow it's long run and yoga. Monday will be maybe short bike ride followed by usual run. I decided that since I am planning the sprint tri in a month I should probably ride a hard hour once a week. Then I'll head to the gym to meet with the personal trainer- yikes! Should be a busy weekend!

No comments: