Friday, July 25, 2008

SwimmerGirl


Had an AWESOME swim this morning! Why can't I swim like this every time I get in the pool? Here's the breakdown.


Warm-up: Swim 300/ drill 300/ swim 300.

Main set: 4 x 100 swim/ 800 pull/ 6 x 100 swim.

Cool down: 6 x 50 choice.


I swam my first set of 100's at an even 1:29 pace. I pulled the 800 in 11:46 which is 1:28 pace. And my last set of 100's started at 1:26 and got progressively faster. I swam the last one in 1:21! Now I'm not going to lie... I was working my ass off. But if felt good! And normally it doesn't matter how hard I'm working, my times are just not THAT fast. Woo Hoo! Now, if I could just keep that pace for 2.4 miles....

1 comment:

SkirtChaser said...

You suck!!!!!!
Not even training for triathlon and getting faster!!!
Damn it!!!!!!
I am killing myself 4 days a week in the pool, and for what?
The only thing that makes any sense at all here is that you have finally taken enough rest on your arms that all those swimming meters finally had time to sink in.
Yet again the power or taper, recovery, and REST!!!
I am so jealous of you!!!
I also love you to death!!!
xo ~your true love