Monday, July 14, 2008

The Power of Skirt!




I am in love. Today the UPS guy came to my house. Noooo, I am not in love with the UPS guy. He delivered me a package from Skirtsports. Yippee! I have been waiting for the delivery for a week, faithfully checking my front doorstep daily. Today it arrived. I tore open the package and surveyed the goods. I tried on all my new gear... Cruiser BikeGirl Skirt, Sweetest Thing Capri Skirt, Uptown Girl Skirt. Love it, love it, love it. And then my eyes fell upon the Pink Paradise Collection. A Tri Swimsuit, a Trikini Bra, and a Race Belt Skirt all in a fabulous pink floral fabric that screamed to be worn... on the podium. I slipped the swimsuit on and immediately felt faster in the water. Since I don't have a lap pool in my closet, I can't actually test that theory out until tomorrow, but it makes me want to be a faster swimmer. Next, I put on the Trikini Bra and Race Belt Skirt. OMG! It is kismet! Love at first sight! I was MEANT to race in this! I don't ever want to take it off. I may have to order one for each day of the week. It is soooo great! Now my 5k this Saturday doesn't seem so daunting. I have the power of Pink Paradise behind me! Woo hoo!

So enough about my new love... today's workout went well. Dan and I swam 3400 yds in the pool and then I ran 5 miles. It was a little overcast which made it not so miserable. Was still dripping with sweat by the time I finished, but I made awesome time. I averaged 9-9:15 per mile and there were several points that I looked down at my watch and I was running 8:45 or better. I'm getting there! I think it was my Zebra print Marathon Girl... I always run faster when I feel good! The Zebra always makes me feel good! Thank God for Skirtsports! I'd probably still be a 4:30 marathoner without the power of Skirt! 3:30 is definitely within reach. OK, now you know my goal for PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon. The cat is out of the bag. I can't take it back. Now, you will have to hold me accountable to my training, and when January rolls around I will have to perform. It is public knowledge now, and I can't let my public down. 3:30 it is.

No comments: