Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'll take A Breeze for 1000 please Alex.


So... my luck from 2 days ago has not remained, but I'm not back to square one. Yesterday, I had a terrible run. My legs didn't feel too bad (though my pace was a miserable 9:50) but it was soooo hot. I swear I thought I was going to collapse of heat stroke with 1 1/2 miles to go. When is this going to end!!!!???!!! I was literally pleading with God:
Please can I get a breeze, Please. I beg you. I don't want to die out here on the canal. Dan will come running by next week and find my decayed body. (things decay very quickly in the desert --- I've seen many a road kill--- within days skeleton is all that's left). Please just a small breeze. PLEASE!!
But my prayers went unanswered though I did make it home safely (so I guess that part was answered). So after stretching and showering, I laid down on the bed. I was so sleepy. Very unusual for me. I forced myself to get up and eat- not wanting to miss my optimal window for refueling- and then laid back down. I told myself that if I fell asleep I could miss my weight lifting and yoga session. Obviously I need the sleep. And sleep I did. I slept for about 1 1/2 hours until Dan came home from his bike ride. He didn't know I was home so he was making all kinds of noise. So I got up and had a lazy afternoon. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise that I skipped lifting and yoga because my massage that afternoon was torture! OMG! 90 minutes of teeth gritting, mind numbing, gotta-try-to-breathe-through-it pain. But afterwards I felt great! And this morning I ran 5 miles at a good pace. Not great, but better. Now I'm at work watching the clock tick. Anxious to get home and watch the last big stage of le tour. My guy lost some time yesterday, but it's the Alps. Anything can happen!

No comments: