Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6 mile run

Today I ran 6 miles at 9:13 pace. Felt pretty good. I finally updated my training log from my first 2 official weeks of training. Week 1: 30 miles. Week 2: 38 miles. I'm on track for about 40 miles this week. This makes me feel more confident about my upcoming Marathon Training Start Date which is looming on the horizon. I start at 40 miles but by week 5 I am in the 50 mile per week range. I will peak at about 67 miles. Yikes! Reviewing my training log from 2005 (3 marathons that year), my highest mileage was 44 miles in one week. That was leading up to the Kona Marathon. I can't seem to find my 2006 log, but I have a hard time believing I was doing more than 44 miles because at that point I was in triathlon training full time. Anyhoo. This week is starting off much better than last week. I'm sleeping better at night which means that I am doing more to require sleep. In the weeks after IM, I felt like an insomniac. No exercise= no sleep. And it's not as humid outside so it's not as unbearable to run. I am planning to head to the track tomorrow and repeat my workout from Saturday. I'm starting to look forward to the 5k in 2 weeks. I know it won't be a PR but at least I'm not dreading it!

No comments: