Friday, June 27, 2008

Recovery


Recovery.... I have a hard time sitting still so this has been a challenge for me. I have swam 3 times this week, slowly increasing my distance. On Wednesday I swam 500 yards (as 5 x 100) and had to stop to catch my breath after each 100. On Thursday I swam 500 straight and then another 500 mixed with some kick. Today I swam 1500, (500 swim, 500 drills, 500 pull). The water feels great. I'm not sore anymore though I am a lot more sleepy than usual. When my head hits the pillow at night I sleep like a rock. I picked up Trixie today, she just got back from her road trip back from CDA. Maybe I'll go for a short ride on Sunday morning just for fun. I'm really not supposed to start running yet, so I'm trying my best to hold back. But I just got my new Footloose dress and Girl Shorties and am dying to take them for a test drive! But I know that if I wait just a few more days, I will be less likely to do more damage to all my joints and ligaments. I want them to be nice and healthy when I start training for Boston. Which brings me to my next announcement. You will now follow me as I train to qualify for Boston! Officially my program starts on September 14, eighteen weeks before the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Arizona Marathon. I need to run a qualifying time of 3 hours 40 minutes. My goal is to be right around 3:30. Nice little safety margin. So between now and September, I will be doing some yoga, weight lifting, swimming and laying a nice foundation for my marathon training. In about 6 weeks I'll start adding in some speed work so that I'm ready to hit the road running. I'm planning to go in for a PT evaluation and have my body fat tested. I may need to spend a few weeks hashing out a plan with the nutritionist. With the triathlon training I've gained a lot of muscle, with the run training I'm going to be doing I'd like to hang on to my lean muscle mass and shed a few pounds of fat. Be racing lean as they say come January. I may also need to meet with my physical therapist if I have any aches or pains as I start running again. I don't need any of the little things getting out of hand and derailing my plan. So this will be a whole new adventure for me! Hope you check back to see how I'm doing!



2 comments:

SkirtChaser said...

Babe
you are gonna lose lbs without even trying when you start uping run miles, and doing less bike miles. You don't need a someone to tell you that.You know as much about diet as anyone you are likely to talk with!
Love U

FindingKona said...

ha ha! I know that I know everything about nutrition... just lack willpower! I'd rather have someone else tell me what not to eat. :)