Monday, June 30, 2008

I RAN!!!

It's been a nice relaxing weekend. I got up on Sunday morning and swam about 1200 yards followed by an hour of yoga. I love yoga. I used to practice 2-3 times a week when I worked nights in CA. I haven't been to a yoga class in about a year because Ironman training is fairly time consuming. I totally need to go on a regular basis- I always feel so good afterwards. And I am soooo inflexible. I'm sure my running will benefit from regular yoga. So I'm going to try to hit the Sunday morning class at my gym and the Tuesday morning class. There are a couple of evening classes too if I get really desperate. But I never feel like doing anything at 7 pm.

Today... I ran! WOO HOO! 3.25 miles. Gosh, it was great. Aside from the oppressive heat. I think the overnight low is about 90. Miserable. But anyway, back to my run. I ran across the street to hit the trail and turned around just past a mile and a half. I really wanted to run in my new Footloose dress, but with the heat I went for my Marathon Girl and Triks Bra. I'll have to take my dress to Sedona this weekend to run in it. I think the weather is a little cooler up there. After my run, I went to the pool and swam 2000 yds between socializing with all the older men who come to the pool and chit chat all morning. They maybe swim a lap every 15 minutes. Seriously. Normally, I don't engage in conversation for lack of time. If you only swim 50 yards every 15 minutes it would take a really long time to get my workout done. So I have to just ignore them. Actually there's one guy who swims (before he hangs around socializing for an hour)... he's a retired Navy Seal.... I'm guessing 60s although he could be older. It's tough to gauge age when someone is super fit. Anyway, he always wears this navy blue speedo and he swims 100 x 100. Crazy. He makes me laugh because he gets so irritated if he has to wait for a lane when there are obvious non-swimmers taking up the four lanes in the outdoor pool- which is so just like me. Seriously, some of these people you would swear are going to drown. Plus I feel like I'm the only one in the outdoor pool for 6 months out of the year, and then all of a sudden it's warm and I can't get a friggin' lane. Puhleeze. I always tell my towel guy that I'm going to kick everyone out of my pool when I head out there in the morning. Emphasis on MY pool. He just laughs at me. Now I'm watching the clock at work. 5 more hours. Ugh. Ever notice how slowly time seems to go when you don't want it to?

No comments: