Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bye bye recovery week

Recovery week is quickly coming to a close. I will be sad to see it end. I have been trying to get as much rest as possible and unlike most recovery weeks where I feel like crap for working out only half as much... I've actually felt decent during my workouts and feel like I'm absorbing the rest. I am still a nervous wreck on the bike. Every approaching car sends my heart rate into zone 5. And without skin on my arm, I can't use my aerobars so I feel like I'm just fighting the wind all the time. I think tomorrow I'll stick to the hills on my long ride so I don't need the aerobars anyway. I will be happy when my arm heals. I'll be happy when I stop complaining of my arm all the time. It's starting to get annoying. And I'm sure Dan will be happy about that too! Hopefully kicking off the last 12 weeks next week will take my mind off of things and help me to refocus my energy. I'm still excited about Wisconsin and looking forward to moving forward with training.
Today has been a nice relaxing day. I ran 10 this morning while channeling energy to my sis who was running Grandma's Marathon at the same time. I went to work for a couple of hours (love the short Saturdays!) and then headed out to the farm in QC to pick up my goodies from the organic meat & dairy co-op. I got a couple dozen eggs, some goat's milk yogurt (soooo yummy with berries and granola, not to mention perfect for cooking with), and some goat cheese. We're still working through the pork and chicken I picked up last time. It's nice to feel like I'm eating healthy and supporting some local farms. I stopped by the Olive Mill on my way home to pick up some more olive oil, olives and some lemon marmalade that caught my eye. And I was home in time to watch the Next Food Network Star. I love that show! I could soooo be on that show. I don't know if I could win (I'm a little rough around the edges for TV) but I could kick some Food Network ass being all creative with food. You just have to have a passion for food (check), a little bit of food knowledge (check), and be able to represent yourself (check). Hmmm.... maybe I'll go look into the application.

No comments: