Monday, January 12, 2009

5 days and a wake up call...

The countdown is on! I am vascillating between giddy nervousness and cranky anxiety. And I can swing in a fraction of a second. This is worse than the worst PMS ever. I'm sure Dan's head is spinning trying to keep up. I am feeling good. My hip is slowly but surely bothering me less and less. Actually it was almost 80% better until I decided to get in the pool today. All the pushing off the wall and holding the pull buoy tightened my hip right up. No more swimming. No more anything till race day. 3 miles is just not enough of an outlet for my energy. Now I am taking it out on my house. Power cleaning. Things are being dusted that haven't been touched in 4 years. Also, I now have this (irrational?) fear of food poisoning. I'm almost afraid to eat. I've only had food poisoning once. And I still raced a half marathon. Wasn't pretty. Threw up a little in my mouth around mile 10. Still finished sub-2 hours. But that would put a serious damper on my racing strategy. Anyhoo. I'm ready. I can't wait for the day to be here. I know I can do it. I can't wait to prove it to myself.

No comments: