Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reuniting With a Long Lost Muscle Group

Well, I found a muscle group that I apparently have NEVER used. I lifted yesterday and last night my bum was feeling a little sore. Odd, I thought. This morning, tried to get out of bed and my glutes prohibited me from having normal ambulation. Ouch. Hmmm. No soreness in my quads, hammies, or abs. And they all got a workout yesterday. Made for an interesting run. After the first 1/2 - 3/4 mile of a hobbling warm-up, I finished my run at a decent pace. And it was kinda fun to see a group of cross country runners spread out along my normally deserted canal. I decided I would run 45 minutes, and then ended up a little over to make it an even 5 miles. I'll be happy when I am back at a normal pace but I think it is going to be October before we see temps below 90. Tonight - some more strength exercises from my physical therapist. And tomorrow morning... another run!

No comments: