Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stopping Traffic Skirt Style




As if I don't have enough excitement in my life already... Skirtsports just released the GymGirl in Pink Paradise! My new fav pattern in a Skirt that can go everywhere! It's like they were reading my mind. Hmmm. Maybe the Skirt Goddess will pick up on this vibe.... (Pink Paradise Dress...Pink Paradise Dress..Pink Paradise Dress).

So training is going. Yes, that's all. Just going. Today, I am a little less sore from my previous weight training workout. Should NOT have done that 4 days before a 5k race. Oops. Live and learn, that's what I'm all about. I have been really sleepy tired lately, can't figure it out really. I work less than I have in the last 2 years. I'm training less now that IM is over. So why am I tired? I keep coming back to nutrition. Something is out of whack. I think I'm not eating all day like I'm used too. Today for example, I did eat a Power Gel before my run (I'm really working hard to take in something prior to my run workouts- new for me) and then I grabbed an Ensure on my way out the door thinking that I would eat breakfast when I got to work. I keep the cupboard on my desk stocked with food so as never to have to eat junk. But today I got to work and my package of English muffins was all molded. And I drank the last of my milk from the fridge yesterday so I couldn't eat the cereal that I have. So for breakfast I was left with yogurt with berries and granola which should have been my mid-morning snack. And then for my snack I ate my apple which is supposed to be my late-late afternoon snack (the one that comes after the late afternoon snack... usually on my drive home). See how this is all f --ed up?

Anyway, enough about food- my fav topic. My run went well. I did a 4 mile loop from my house. There's one section where the city has been doing construction FOREVER and normally there are 3 lanes open for 2 lanes of traffic... so plenty of room, right? Well, haven't driven that way in a while so today when I got to that area on my run it was down to two lanes. Yikes. Unfortunately, I only had 3/4 mile left to get back home so it wasn't like I could re-route myself. So I got to run down the traffic lane. Very humorous I'm sure. Me, in my Blue Hawaii (vintage) MarathonGirl Skirt, stopping traffic. Well, actually there wasn't much traffic, just one poor guy in a truck who had to drive really slow -- about 7 mi/ hr-- for about 2/10 mile. Hee hee. I felt like it was a little bit of payback for the asshole who drove down the canal yesterday at 45 mph..... you know, the canal where cars are NOT supposed to be driving???! Sheesh.

Anyway, I was only going to swim tomorrow morning, but with the 5k on Saturday I don't want to take a day off of running. So I think I'll drive to the gym, run for about 20-30 minutes and then hit the pool. I have been looking forward to swimming all week! Once my training starts, Friday will be my rest day (from running) so will likely be a day that I swim. Anyhoo. I'm off for now, see you tomorrow!


No comments: